Political Tax Credit

If you file an Oregon tax return, you may be able to make a contribution of up to $100 (married filing jointly, $50 individual filers) to political campaigns like Dan’s and receive every dollar of it back when you file your income tax return next year.

This is not a deduction. It is a tax credit. That means that if you owe money to the state at the end of the year, you will owe up to $100 less. If you are due a refund, your refund will be that much more.

This is not money that can be donated to charity. You must give to a qualified political committee like Friends of Dan Mason in order to take advantage of this tax credit. Below is an example of how you take advantage of this great opportunity to support Dan.

Please consult your tax advisor for more information.